Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You Taught Me

 love poems, friendship poetry

I was once a palace ... that is, until I met you,

Now the only place I want to live is inside your heart

I once wanted diamonds ... until I met you,

Now I need shine comes from within

I used to envy the most beautiful clothes ... until I met you,

Now I will not be a single line to separate our bodies

I once coveted a luxury car ... until I met you,

Now I would like nothing we'd miles between us

I once asked for money ... until I met you,

Now I want money can buy anything

I once wanted a sense of security ... until I met you,

Now comes my safety is knowing they are near

I once dreamed of prestigious jobs ... until I met you,

Now I find my success in the knowledge that you are happy

I once asked the world on a silver platter ... until I met you,

Now you are my world and I'm missing, but her contact

Loving you was my teacher, taught me to not want

Being with you has been my discovery, are all you need

Finding you has been my salvation, I now appreciate

But perhaps the most important ...

Your love in return was my everything

No comments:

Post a Comment